Grace Holt Memorial Award
Memorial Award Heading link
The Grace Holt Memorial Award honors undergraduate and graduate students who have worked actively to improve the lives of black people. Eligible students must have a demonstrated commitment to the field of Black Studies issues of racial justice and a minimum grade point average of 3.0. The winner of this competition will receive a $1000.00 award.
Application and materials are due by March 27, 2023.
Required Application Materials Heading link
- Submit a copy of your transcripts. (Official copies are not necessary)
- Contact prospective recommenders to submit Letters of Recommendation.
- A complete application must be submitted on SnAP by the deadline.
Required Application Materials
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- A brief essay
- Transcripts (Official copies are not necessary)
- Completed Application Form on SnAP
Grace Holt Memorial Award Application Contact Heading link
For more information or questions about the Grace Holt Memorial Award, please contact:
University of Illinois at Chicago
601 S. Morgan Street, (MC 069)
Chicago, IL 60607-7112